Festool, what kinda deal is that?

Are you asking if the 5-for-a-dollar Oldham Destructo blades will work? . . . :-)

Reply to
Robatoy

Are you asking if the 5-for-a-dollar Oldham Destructo blades will work? . How much for the granite blades?

Reply to
Lee Michaels

Those tend to break easily when they're being mounted on the saw. They never really caught on, most people prefer blades made from some kind of metal.

Reply to
Robatoy

Uh.......do they have blades for cutting granite? {:-)

Max (working on kitchen cabinets)

Reply to
Max

Max? Really? Okay... I forgot the goofy smirkicon.

Yes they do. Many diamond blades, dry (I dunno about wet & T75) can be had at 8.25 diam with any bore you like. I use a very old, but flawless Milwaukee sidewinder with a Bosch diamond blade and I cut quartz (even) like it it is stubborn hardwood. NOT in the customers' home. It makes clouds of dust.

Reply to
Robatoy

Do you have to buy Festool blades?

Reply to
LDosser

I'm just finishing up the base cabinets for the "sink" side of the kitchen and I'm discussing countertop material with SWMBO.

*I'm* inclined toward tile. We've had this for almost 24 years and there are *no* chips anywhere.
the "Boss" may have different ideas.

Max

Reply to
Max

You WANT to buy Festool blades. None equal the quality and precision. They are competitive in price with blades of similar quality.... and no, not those you buy at HD. . . . Dammit, you cheap mofo's... it is a system. So if you want to deliver an excellent product, you pay a smidge more up front, but the payback at the other end makes it all worth while.

North Americans are so used to being scammed that they seem to have lost all trust in those companies who DO work harder at delivering an honest, reliable and hard-working product. Case-in-point: IF you were to be displeased with a Festool purchase, you either a) don't know how to use it, or b) something is wrong, which they WILL set right. Or your money back. This is hard? . . . Many years ago, Dick Cavett had the CEO of GM on his show, and Dick asked him if GM could make a car like a Mercedes Benz. The answer was: "Yes we can, but we'd have to charge the same money as a Mercedes Benz." (Now, please, don't get into my face about MB not being all that great... there was a time when they were, but nowadays, meh, they're just another car company, unlike Audi...*G*.)

Reply to
Robatoy

"Robatoy" wrote . . .

For the price they audi be good.

Max

Reply to
Max

On Fri, 2 Apr 2010 21:21:23 -0700, the infamous "LDosser" scrawled the following:

6-1/2" (160mm) with 1" arbor hole. ~$20-40 a pop, not bad. Tenryu and Oshlun seem to be the brands.

-- It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. -- Charles Darwin

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Did you really just say that? Huh? Huh? LOL

Buying them is not too too bad, making them run like a bunny and keeping them running like a bunny costs lots. LOTS.

Reply to
Robatoy

Did I mention that after 2002 (and some '03's) they abandoned the V-6 bi-turbo concept an started doing things the American way...like dropping in big 4.2 litre V-8's? Me... I like 2 banks of 3 with their own turbeenes.

Reply to
Robatoy

"Robatoy" wrote

Like the 2010 Ford Taurus? Did I just say that?

Max

Reply to
Max

There is nothing wrong with that. "The SHO is powered by Ford's new EcoBoost 3.5L V6 engine. The twin-turbocharged, gasoline direct injection power plant has 365 horsepower and 350 lb-ft of torque." REEEEspectable indeed. Besides, that thing handles admirably. That is as competent a car as the Hyundai Genesis. Now did *I* just say that????

Still... both Ford and Hyundai need to learn a few things about style, fit and finish, and 'feel'....and 'smell'. There really isn't much that messes with an S4 Audi for the money.

Reply to
Robatoy

To me, biggest bang for the buck still lies with Audi and Subaru... IF you like to drive.

Reply to
Robatoy

On Sat, 3 Apr 2010 16:10:15 -0600, the infamous "Max" scrawled the following:

I've always preferred carpets in the house (even in my bathroom) because of the cold feet factor.

And I've always disliked tile and solid surface countertops for their icy feel and extreme hardness on dropped items.

I installed (built 2 and installed 1 prefab) formica in the kitchen and still curse the tile in the bath (which was there when I moved in.)

YMMV

-- Jewish Zen: Be here now. Be someplace else later. Is that so complicated, already?

- Uncomplicated Website Design, here and now.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

"Larry Jaques" wrote

Hmmm. We have more tile than carpet in our house. The Missus likes the ease of keeping the tile clean. At my insistence, we have carpet in the master bedroom. Extensive use of "throw" rugs in the other bedrooms and the bathrooms keeps the tile from chilling sensitive feet.

As for the countertops, I like a "durable" surface even if it breaks dropped plates and saucers because the plates and saucers are cheaper (and easier) to replace.

Max (does his own tile work) .

Reply to
Max

IIRC Forrest makes blades for some of the Festools saws. Either way the Festool blades seem to be reasonably priced for the quality you are getting. Keep in mind that "IMHO" $40 $70 for a blade is reasonable. You can find $5 blades for the common circular saw but you sacrifice cut quality when you use those saws.

Reply to
Leon

Did you really just say that? Huh? Huh? LOL

Buying them is not too too bad, making them run like a bunny and keeping them running like a bunny costs lots. LOTS.

I had just written a comment about you and your Audi and decided that you may have had the 1 in 1,000,000,000,000 which gave reliable and inexpensive service. Then I read this comment and deleted my comment. ;~) Had 2 VW's with Audi parts all over them... Probably the most unreliable and most expensive to maintain vehicles my wife and I have ever owned. Cool cars though, when they were not in the shop.

Reply to
Leon

Our new home, 30 years ago had all carpet and 10 years later we replace with expensive carpet. 14 years later replaced with all tile. Tile is sooooooooooooooooo much easier to maintain and clean and does not stink. You never reall realize how much a carpet begins to stink until you get rid of it, permanently. Allergies are not so much of a problem any more ever with pets.

Reply to
Leon