Fein Vacuums: Auot-Start Load?

On the bottoms of the switches I put some material that I bought to line the shelves in my RV.

think the Borgs have it too.

Max

Reply to
Max

Yes, and I already had to repair it. But I got it when it was like 10 bucks with free shipping, when I bought a bigger item. I think it's worth it and I've thought about screwing it down to something heavier or replacing the bottom with some steel and a rubber pad.

BTW, it's this...

Reply to
-MIKE-
?

Why a large draw? I thought that the threshold to turn the vacuum on was very small. The vacuum isn't in series.

Mark

you're probably in light

Reply to
Mark M

"Upscale" wrote in news:KMppo.32060$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe11.iad:

If you dig deep enough, they list exactly what I was looking for:

is a fairly heavy (13 oz) all metal switch, with a push-on/push-off activation. It isn't obvious, but the Model 971-DC3JM has a little link next to it to a note that says it comes with an 8 foot cord and the 3 prong adapter plug that you can put in series with the power plug to the tool.

The trick is that they list it, but no one seems to sell them. Allied Electronics sells the plastic version:

this weighs about 1/4 what the all-metal one does. I have a query in to the company to see if they sell direct, or can recommend a distributor.

As an aside, I just got my Fein Turbo II vacuum, and although it is very quiet, the switch configuration is really poor. It's hidden below a lip, and you have to operate it by feel unless you want to kneel down. I'm _definitely_ going to put a foot switch on this puppy.

Doug White

Reply to
Doug White

"Mark M" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

Right... the current draw (scribbles on screen) is only .041A, which in most things is miniscule. However, looking at the total power needed, a simple 1/8W or 1/4W resistor probably isn't going to cut it.

Puckdropper (Minus 2 pts for using a technical term incorrectly.)

Reply to
Puckdropper

Doug White wrote in news:Xns9E04B66B555EDgwhitealummitedu@69.16.186.50:

I called the company, and they sell direct. ~ $60 for the all metal #

971-DC3JM with the stacking plug switch cord. That's a good bit more than a lot of the foot switches on the market, but it appears to be a much better switch. I'll know in a few days...

Doug White

Reply to
Doug White