feet

looking for something non skid and also quiet and non marking

looked at current store offerings but think i will need to do something custom

might try thick leather glued onto the wood but concerned about wear

if plastic is used would the uhmw wear well and will it leave marks

Reply to
Electric Comet

I use felt for my kitchen chairs, and expect to replace them often. On lighter stuff, I've used cork. What are the feet for?

Elijah

------ and are you sure you don't want casters?

Reply to
Eli the Bearded

plastic or uhmw, unless textured, will most likely not fit the non skid requirement. What is the floor finish you are trying to protect?

Reply to
bnwelch

I don't see leather being durable. I have seen some commercial made feet that make it very easy to slide furniture and do not mark the floor but don't recall the brand.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Check with a shoe repair for some crepe sole material.

Reply to
Just Wondering

Don't waste your time asking EC for details. He keeps details hidden in the same box as his punctuation.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Silicone

Reply to
dadiOH

like a spray on coating or something else

Reply to
Electric Comet

think i know what crepe is might even have some

Reply to
Electric Comet

i might need to look some more

need narrow rectangular shape

might look at different trims and seals

Reply to
Electric Comet

could be different as it will be mobile

might even be on a table or desk top

Reply to
Electric Comet

cork might not be durable enough leather might possible work

yes

Reply to
Electric Comet

Silicone caulk

Reply to
dadiOH

possibly but adhesion might be a problem

Reply to
Electric Comet