The UPS arrived

I was talking to my son-in-law a few days ago, about things wood working an d discussing his plans for his new shop (20x24, raised floor, 2x8 flooring, 20v wiring, lighting, heat and a/c - new everything ).
I telling him I have been out of my shop for over a month due to some event s in a friend's life, events in my life and the cold (no heat in the shop). During the conversation I mentioned I was looking for a set of plans for a chain driven, twin screw, vise. I went on to say if I did not find any plans, I would just work it up myself. After all, how hard could it be, ri ght ?
We had to make a run to the doctor yesterday afternoon, when we got home, U PS had paid a visit. They left a small package from Amazon, that I was exp ecting. They also left this large and heavy box from Lee Valley. Yep, a b rand new Lee Valley twin screw, chain driven, vise.
I asked my daughter about it and she kinda giggled and said, "Merry Christm as"
You know, I just might want to keep him around.m ;-)
On 1/10/2018 10:09 AM, Dr. Deb wrote:

Wow! Great sunrise! It could'a been underwear.

Cross-apply some of the product description .. :-) .. I like my underwaer : : non-racking full-width : equalize pressure on slightly out-of-square work : capacity equal to the length of your bench : Do not install the spacer any higher than the bottom : a small opening to allow access John T.
On 1/10/2018 12:15 PM, snipped-for-privacy@ccanoemail.ca wrote:

I don't want to think about this
--
2017: The year we learn to play the great game of Euchre

On 1/10/2018 11:55 AM, Leon wrote:

If you are thinking of shipping me underwear that heavy, you can keep it.

What if they're lead lined with two giant ball bearings for your next trip through airport persecution?
Just don't wear them if you have to get an MRI.
Puckdropper
On Wed, 10 Jan 2018 08:09:30 -0800 (PST)

nice gift
be careful though as it is possible to have a vise that is too big for the bench
you have to not only consider the vise weight but the vise plus the biggest thing you might place in the vise
....also possible to have a vice too big but that is a different newsgroup