FA: Record jointer plane

On ebay.

Rick Stein

> Rick

You're aware, of course, that you are in violation of eBay posting rules by putting the "not Lie-Nielsen" in your title. Were you concerned that someone would somehow confuse your Record jointing plane for a Lie Nielsen?

todd

Reply to
todd

> Rick

$75 starting bid??.....the thing ought to sell for $50-$75.... $20 shipping... making a few dollars there too eh? (nice touch)

good luck,

Myx

Reply to
Myxylplyk

Yes it is in violation of eBay posting rules, but often done, and never enforced. Tony D.

you are in violation of eBay posting rules by

Reply to
Anthony Diodati

I don't have a Stanley # 7 to compare it to, but did they move the throat back on these records? Tony D.

Anthony Diodati

Ayep. Keyword spamming is against the rules. Not that they seem to enforce it.

John

Reply to
JohnT.

I get so tried of the Not--- how dumb is that?

Reply to
Steve Knight

to get it enforced you need to turn the auction in.

Reply to
Steve Knight

Believe me, Ihave reported lots of keyword spamming auctions, not a single one was removed. They weren't even "protecting" just their powersellers either. Big guys, little guys, they didn't do anything.

I gave up. Just like I gave up reporting those people who were selling illegal copies of model plane plans. Ebay says they will only remove those if the copyright owner does something, which they won't, probably due the amount of hassle it would require.

John

Reply to
JohnT.

I suspect eBay enforcement decision criteria is like any other business 1) will it cause us to lose money? 2) do we have a material liability risk? If no, then let it go. Enforcing stuff like this tends to get lawyers involved and they don't work for free or nobel causes. I understand why ebay does not chase things that only have "moral" value. They are a public company and charged to do what will return maximum value for their shareholders. They are doing a fine job in that regard.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Davis

I have been too lazy to try so I did not know the outcome. the only thing ebay is good at is getting paid (G)

Reply to
Steve Knight

Reply to
Anthony Diodati