Extra cash at HD automated checkup

I'm a native 'Zonie, but part of me - a very small part of me - also looks forward to the rains. Up here it does get pretty blustery rainy. A couple years ago me'n't'family were headed down Reno way before Christmas. The wind was so strong between here and Ashland my truck's wipers were lifting off the windshield.

Come January there's a cold snap that ices everything - trees breaking and lines snapping. It only lasts a few days, so that's it for the freezing and it's back to constant drizzle for a few more months.

I agree about WA and Olympia - waaay to moist.

Reply to
Fly-by-Night CC

8 years for me. And my peeve is that the signs directing you to a certain highway or bridge (like in downtown Stumptown) aren't a block before you have to turn... no, they stick them right AT the intersection

- you have no time to get in the proper lane, slow down, prepare for the transition. "TURN HERE!"

Reply to
Fly-by-Night CC

Yeah, I've a 60's golden-oldie - the kids hand me the nozzle to fill it up and I hand it back when I'm done. Never had a problem.

OHHHH YA CRUSHED 'EM! In my neck of Orygone that makes them much less than the nickel promised. Was 'splained to me that they have to be sure the cans qualify for the refund and the barcode readers can't read a crushed can. Wish they'd just make everything returnable.

Reply to
Fly-by-Night CC

Just to be tek-knuck-el, it's the "Olympic Rain Forest". As a wee lad, worked for the Old Man on some parks jobs on the "West End". That's what residents of the east side of the Olympic Peninsula call the coast side. Anyhoo, we wore ponchos to keep dry. Yeah, right - it rained so damned hard the water would bounce back up getting you wet clear up to your armpits.

-Doug

Reply to
Doug Winterburn

Umm..aren't you doing the checking out at the Borg? I guess its ok.

Reply to
spengler