Exterior door construction

I would like to take a crack at building a new front door for my home. I've never tried anything like this and have many questions that need answering.
Can anyone suggest a good book that would describe how to go about building exterior doors (i.e. design, joints, wood types, thickness, weather consideration, etc.)
Failing any good book suggestions, I'll have to pollute the list :)
Thanks, Dave.
queried:

John Birchard, "Make you own Handcrafted Doors and Windows", Sterling, 1988 ISBN 0-8069-6544-4.
brought forth from the murky depths:

add
Craig Weis, "Building Doors & Entryways: Projects, Plans, & Procedures", Sterling, 1996, ISBN 0-8069-8168-7. (Good for the basics)
David Marks recently built a Frame and Panel door on the "Woodworks" show on the DIY channel.
The episode guide can be found here.
http://www.diynet.com/diy/shows_wwk/episode/0,2046,DIY_14350_26952,00.html
--
L Anthony Johnson

"Dave Rathnow" < snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com> wrote in message
David Marks did one on the episode shown this week. I don't know how old the show was, but it was the first time I had seen it. It was done in Jarrah and was cool.
You might check http://www.djmarks.com/ or on the DIY network web site.

weather