Exterior door construction

I would like to take a crack at building a new front door for my home. I've never tried anything like this and have many questions that need answering.

Can anyone suggest a good book that would describe how to go about building exterior doors (i.e. design, joints, wood types, thickness, weather consideration, etc.)

Failing any good book suggestions, I'll have to pollute the list :)

Thanks, Dave.

Reply to
Dave Rathnow

On Wed, 07 Apr 2004 04:00:58 GMT, "Dave Rathnow" queried:

John Birchard, "Make you own Handcrafted Doors and Windows", Sterling,

1988 ISBN 0-8069-6544-4.

Luigi Replace "nonet" with "yukonomics" for real email address

Luigi Zanasi

David Marks recently built a Frame and Panel door on the "Woodworks" show on the DIY channel.

The episode guide can be found here.

L Anthony Johnson

David Marks did one on the episode shown this week. I don't know how old the show was, but it was the first time I had seen it. It was done in Jarrah and was cool.

You might check

or on the DIY network web site.

--

Reply to
Pounds on Wood

On Tue, 06 Apr 2004 22:28:24 -0700, Luigi Zanasi brought forth from the murky depths:

add

Craig Weis, "Building Doors & Entryways: Projects, Plans, & Procedures", Sterling, 1996, ISBN 0-8069-8168-7. (Good for the basics)

------------------------------------------------- - Boldly going - * Wondrous Website Design - nowhere. - *

Larry Jaques