Door - internal or external

Hi,

We've fitted a fully glazed floor to ceiling porch on the house and no want to fit a new front door which is now inside the porch obviously. We like the design of some internal doors - veneered oak planking styl

- to get the same design in external door spec is several hundreds o pounds more. The question is, can we use the internal door version and comply wit building regs (door thickness would be 34mm'ish not 44mm as existin door), insurance etc. Is the only reason external doors 44mm is insulation value? or is i something more?

Cheers Jo

-- jonathan

Reply to
jonathan

My builder told me it's simply the thickness required to get a decent secuirty lock into.

Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan

In message , jonathan writes

How secure is this porch? If it would be relatively easy to get into you'd be better installing a proper external door on security grounds alone.

Reply to
Si

Well the porch is basically 3.5x2.5inch framework with floor to ceilin

toughened glass - glazing taped in - with a 5 lever deadlock. Is suppose you could smash the glass to get in - but then how secure i any 'window'? The existing front door has a key lockable rim lock and internal bolt

- I was thinking of using the same on the new door.

Jonatha

-- jonathan

Reply to
jonathan