Where would I be able to get ....

these:
need to bond bath pipework following installing a shower so I bought two
earthing straps but, by the time I got them home, I looked at them in more
detail and realised that I didn't know how the hell to put them on! They
appear to be the type you put on pipework before soldering them - unless
someone here can point me towards an on-line instruction diagram which
proves otherwise. I did tell the guy at the electrical counter what I wanted
them for so didn't think anything more of it - idiot!
Reply to
Topref
if they look like an end feed coupling then that is what you have got and would be used as part of the plumbing process.
However I an not sure why anyone would want to cut a pipe just to solder in a coupling when they can clamp on a fitting
Tony
Reply to
TMC
oops! wrong link in other post,but on saying that I'd of thought you would have had the nouse to realise the screwfix link at the right of your link to the pic.
Reply to
George
Thanks for the links. The guy gave me a couple of straps which look like EC14 and EC16 in the link, but that the part which has the larger bolt entering it in the pictures on the screwfix page is a completely enclosed square which would slip over a 15mm copper pipe but could not be placed around a pipe that was already in situ. Hope I am making sense.
Reply to
Topref
I'm assuming that you've got the "traditional" sort of earth clamps so here's a "how to"
you could get the new quick-fix type

Reply to
John
Thanks John, those are invaluable. Unfortunately, what the guy sold me was similar to the one shown in the first link except that the main body was not in a 'U' shape but is designed to be placed over the pipe before the tap or whatever is connected. It's a complete square where a 15mm pipe would fit into.
The second one looks very interesting though.
Reply to
Topref

Site Timeline Threads