experience with brand-name installers?

I'm a reporter for a national newspaper, looking for people who have been involved in remodeling projects with big retailers, including Lowe's, IKEA, Expo, Ace Hardware and some of the national remodeling franchises. If anyone can help, please reply to me directly. Thanks!

Reply to
futurekitchen

I read newsgroups through Google Groups web reader. They obscure the email address so I cannot reply to you directly.

You may contact me at wrobertdavis AT Yahoo.com if you want my feedback.

Bob Davis Houston, Texas

Reply to
bluemax1811-newsgroups

I was under the impression that all of Lowes installers were contractors. I know a plumber who has a separate crew and all they do is install dishwashers and hot water heaters for Lowes, Home depot and Sears.

I also know a flooring guy who contacts with Lowes to install wood floors. He uses them for fill in work.

You are correct that they don't mess with the sales but both of these guys are self employed contractors so taxes and billing are the same. Of course in this case the billing goes to the retailer at a price set by the retailer for standard installs.

Mike O.

Reply to
Mike

And he does not have to chase around giving estimates, worrying about getting paid, dickering over a $500 job where the homeowner got a better price of $490, etc. Life simplified

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski