Re: Central heating radiators

From: "A K" angela snipped-for-privacy@takeoutbtopenworld.com

>being a female it's tough having to stand up to the powers that be

well, you just got mike's attention

Reply to
HotH2O4U2

you are correct in saying that each individual room should be sized according to its heat loss calculations to give a suitable room temperature (which can vary from room to room)

i know modern buildings tend to be well insulated,which means smaller radiators are required.When you bought the house was there any indication given to room temperatures in the blurb,i would have thought the architect for the housing project would have done these caculations and the builder not just shoved in any old thing

Now to get to my question. If anyone has come across this site is it reliable for calculations? The house is only 2 years old and still covered by NHBC, can I make a claim to them and ask for the radiators to be replaced? How do I estimate what should be in the hallways?

Thanks in advance for your help..............being a female it's tough having to stand up to the powers that be, so I would like to be knowledgeable as I can before I tackle them!!

Angela

Reply to
jeff stonehouse

Most radiator manufactures have their own tables based on the exact output of their own design (of radiator). The heat loss part should be standard regardless of which program you use. Generally, hallways do not have radiators (in residential applications) because they are subject to air flow from common areas and do not cool off (most people don't spend much time in the hallway anyhow). You can check out

. They have a heat-loss calculator there, and will also determine the baseboard requirements based on the style you select.

Now to get to my question. If anyone has come across this site is it reliable for calculations? The house is only 2 years old and still covered by NHBC, can I make a claim to them and ask for the radiators to be replaced? How do I estimate what should be in the hallways?

Thanks in advance for your help..............being a female it's tough having to stand up to the powers that be, so I would like to be knowledgeable as I can before I tackle them!!

Angela

Reply to
Lori & Dean Wigmore

Thanks everyone for the advice - including those who emailed me directly.

Angela

Now to get to my question. If anyone has come across this site is it reliable for calculations? The house is only 2 years old and still covered by NHBC, can I make a claim to them and ask for the radiators to be replaced? How do I estimate what should be in the hallways?

Thanks in advance for your help..............being a female it's tough having to stand up to the powers that be, so I would like to be knowledgeable as I can before I tackle them!!

Angela

Reply to
A K