Evaluation needed

Here the funeral is still one day away and I'm already looking for a new tablesaw! Looked at a Ridgid TS-3650 today at Home Depot. The sales guy couldn't tell me if a dado insert came with it or was even available, so I have to find that out. If all the inserts are like the one on the display model, with a big hump in the middle, I don't want it. Other than that it appeared to be an acceptable replacement. So I'm asking the Dude who owns one.

Reply to
BUB 209

The

dado insert is not included, but that does not matter. You are going to make a half dozen zero clearance inserts arent you? Easy to do from MDF and they work better than the store bought.

The ones in the store have been molested by a thousand people after it was assembled by the lowest paid guy on the night shift. Never use that as a guide to what is in the box.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

I didn't notice, but isn't the recess for the insert at least 1/4" deep? That's what counts for making the homemade ones out of wood. Good use for the scraps of air- craft plywood laying around.

Reply to
BUB 209