electric work truck

Possibly because that's what he would do???

About 90% of my driving needs could be met with current all-electric vehicles. The other 10% would be satisfied by a plug-in hybryd, or even a simple hybrid, or a car like the Volt with the range extender engine. SWince I've virtually always had 2 vehicles (or more) my gasoline truck could handle anything the electric couldn't - and renting short term when I want something more comfortable than the truck or need to take passengers is very affordable.

Unloke MOST of those complaining about electric cars, I have actually owned and driven (and built) one.

Reply to
clare

Are you green?

Reply to
clare

That's because Gore isn't anything close to being green (with anything but envy) and is a typical politician. (I won't label him either left or right, conservative or liberal, democrat or republican, because he is most likely neither, in either case.

Reply to
clare

No, just a privileged Caucasian.

Spalted Walt

Why would I do that? I've had free gas from three employers since 1978 so I have nothing to be jealous of.

I thought you could come up with better comments than that.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Precisely why I didn't say *All* are obnoxious assholes.

Reply to
Spalted Walt

Anybody who throws stones has to get over a ten foot high fence and past the security patrols. And if they're an employee they won't be one much longer--there is full video surveillance and the company does not tolerate vandalism by its employees.

It's not just fuel cost. Plug-in hybrids are very low maintenance. When I got mine, used, I changed all the fluids and filters on the general principle that I didn't know with certainty what maintenance had been performed by the previous owner. That done, the next maintenance item is going to be an oil change some time in 2019.

There's also a comfort factor. In a hybrid the loudest noise you hear is typically tires on the road. And in the winter heat is instant--no waiting for the engine to warm up.

And then there's coming out to the car on a hot or cold day and finding that it has run the heater or air conditioner for the past half hour and was nicely comfortable.

I don't think that's an issue for the CEO. We have two big Sikorskis hangared on the property and a jet at the airport.

Reply to
J. Clarke

Who said anything about a Ford with a 50 mile range?

Reply to
J. Clarke

Seems like your employer expects such problems. It must be a great place to work.

No, they care about showing everyone else how much they care (about something).

The oil system is sealed?

...and you're worried about noise.

Reply to
krw

If you don't mind waiting in a looooong line of people in front of you the latest Tesla appears to be quite inexpensive compared to the first models. $30k range.

Reply to
Leon