DW735 chip collection?

Does the DW735 come with what you need to attach it to a DC?

There is a part no. DW7353 that appears attach to the back of a DW735, which implied it cannot be hooked up without it.

in Amazon the DW7353 is a completely different item, a bag that attaches to the thing above.
do I need to buy the thing shown in Dewalts website not?

In a similar vein, how essential are the accessory tables?

Reply to
Wade Lippman

You'll need something back there, as the planer ejects stuff at a pretty good clip. I've got the bag thing, and it works pretty good. It comes with everything you need to hook it up to the planer, i.e. you don't need the thing on the DeWalt web site.

You need to mount the planer on something, unless you're only working with small pieces. I wasn't overly impressed with the table, but bought it anyway as I needed something quick. For less, you could build something with a real cabinet base, rather than a couple of useless open shelves that anything you put on it will roll, shift, or blow off.

Reply to
Michael White

Mine did, and according to DeWalt, it's standard equipment:

half-way down the page, it says: Includes:

- dust hose adapter

- dust ejection chute

.. both of which were indeed in the package when I bought mine. The "dust hose adapter" will accept either 4" or 2.5" dust hoses.

dust collection system" -- IOW, if you have a dust collector already, you don't need that.

I think I'd trust DeWalt to know what their own products are. :-)

Not if you already have a dust collector, no.

They definitely help in reducing snipe, as long as you keep them either dead-level with the table, or tilted slightly up. Be warned, though, that they're a PITA to adjust.

Reply to
Doug Miller

THe 735 blows chips everywhere. You can hook a 4" DC hose to the eject hole and stick it in a garbage can. Tie the hose down! If you don't you'll have the damndest mulch spreader you've ever seen, unless you've seen them blow insulation in an attic.

Mine's hooked to a Grizzly DC with a garbage can & cyclone top. Works like a charm until I knock the top off the garbage can. Hunk of bungee cord solved that.

Regards.

Tom

Reply to
Tom B

DeWalts description matched Amazon's picture better than it did their own picture. I notified Dewalt they had the wrong picture. They acknowledged the error and said they would fix it.

So, you are wrong again!

Reply to
Wade Lippman