dust collector hose - what to do

I go tone of the smaller Jet dust collectors with the hose connection coming out of the top. What were the designers thinking? Must be cheap and unwieldy? What do people of there do with the hose to prevent it from kinking coming out of the top and then straight down the opposite way? Buy more 90 degree plastic fittings, make a home brew lead out of rigid duct, let it kink? Seems like a crappy design, should've gone with the bigger one that has the hose connection at the bottom where it makes sense.

Reply to
lucky4fingers

Get hose with reinforcing wire. That way you can keep a round lumen, and ground the hose to prevent dust explosions.

Reply to
George

Some people run the hose up to the ceiling, in which case the top inlet is convenient. For those people the bottom outlet seems like a crappy design, and they should have the hose connection at the top where it makes sense.

lucky4f> I go tone of the smaller Jet dust collectors with the hose connection

Reply to
Mike Berger