Dust Collector

Someone a short while back was looking into dust collectors. Here is one you might want to take a look at. Be sure to watch the video, it explains exactly how this thing works.

Leon

Certainly expensive. Certainly problematic. The whole idea of a cyclone is to make sure the impellers never hit large debri or metal. This design does nothing to mitigate that. It's like a direct connect bag system, the impellers are early in the mix.

I'll skip it.

Reply to
woodchucker

I thought the design of a cyclone was to make it easier to empty the large pieces of debris and keep you from emptying the bad as often.

I'm certainly not concern with any large pieces of debris hitting my impeller. The steel on that thing is very thick.

Reply to
-MIKE-

I believe you are correct.

Certainly there are safe guards if the impeller is going to be damaged by large chunks. My BS has a restriction to prevent large chunks from going to the DC.

Reply to
Leon