Harvey Tools

I came across a video where a guy was turning on a Harvey lathe. When I we nt to the Harvey site thought the site could use a bit of help. So, I wrot e Harvey and the following (read last first) was, I thought, interesting. It seems another honored name has been swallowed by a Chinese firm.

Deb

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Hi Deb,

Thank you for your reply. For your information, Harvey Industries is a China based manufacturer for f ine woodworking machinery. In July, 2018, Harvey acquired Bridge City Tool Works, after acquisition of Bridge City Tool, Harvey Industries is committe d to continue the legacy of Bridge City Tools built by John, and move forwa rd with much stronger team to design and manufacture the highest quality wo odworking tools for the world market.

We have the US branch A couple of things on the lathe, now that I have taken a look.

24" swing is nice, but an outboard capability would be a good addition.

A 2hp motor is almost a tad lite, but the overload capability may off set that.

I like the fact the tail stock can be swung out of the way, but having it rotate down, rather than swing back, would seem to be a better choic e.

Over all, its a very good looking lathe and I would not mind recommending it at all.

One question though, are you machines ordered from your California location or do you have an Eastern distributor?

Deb

On 7/23/20 9:50 PM, Harvey Woodworking wrote: > > Thank you for your email. > The following link is our wood lathe, you could find more information . >

I went to your website, after seeing someone turning on one of your lathes on Youtube. Because you have the site set up to constantly refresh to whatever is next in the queue, its impossible to look at your products.

After not being able to read up on any single product (primarily your lathes) I just stopped trying.

But I did want to do you the courtesy of letting you know I found your website less than helpful, to put it midly.

Reply to
Dr. Deb

The Chinese vendors seem to have a love affair with animation and self-advancing images, regardless of the product. That might work for video games but it's not a good idea for serious machinery or high tech products where the potential buyers are looking for details.

There was another thread not long ago on Harvey Woodworking that I delved into the company transition/background a little more...

Within the month or two at outside...but it started w/ a reference to machine tooling from Leon iirc cuz was a juxtaposition of it and the metal machine tool Harvey Company.

Reply to
dpb