Dropped a Half-sheet SANDER on the floor....

So I'm crammed in the corner on a rarely used bench and somehow catch the extension cord to a PC 1/2 sheet Heritage sander and the thing hits the concrete floor. Now when I hit the trigger it makes a rather disagreeable noise and oscillates pretty wildly. I took the base off, but there didn't appear to be any damage. I'm thinking that somehow the spinning weights got knocked out of balance (or further out of misbalance). Anyone know how to fix or repair this type of damage?

JP

Reply to
Jay Pique

Jay, I used to work in a cabinet shop and we had half a dozen of these PC sanders. They are tough, but not indestructible. You probably bent the motor armature. Don't despair, though, as long as you didn't crack the housing it can be fixed. You should have a PC authorized tool repair shop in any good-sized city nearby, if not, contact Porter Cable directly for a service center location near you, or ship it to them for repair.

Reply to
The Other James