Drop front lid support

I'm refurbising a wooden slot car box. It has a drop front lid and I'm looking for some cool way to support it.

The previous user had some rubber feet thingies on it to prop the front lid up. I'd like something better.

To help make it clearer, the drop front is to be used as a work surface, as it currently works it drops down and the design allows it to drop down too far which leaves it an unusable angle. So I need to prop it up with something.

Any great ideas on how I can accomplish this? I'd like to avoid wooden blocks or things of that nature, I'm leaning more towards some sort of drop down piece attached to the front of the lid that is hinged somehow...

Thanks.

John Emmons

Reply to
John Emmons

Perhaps a length of chain?

Nova

Thought of that, the design of the rest of the box won't allow it. Thanks.

John

Reply to
John Emmons