Dremel Tool Questions

For the Ni-Cad batteries, I'd agree, but not Lithium ion batteries. The 10.8 v has lithium batteries. I'm not sure, but I think the new 7 something volt unit also has lithium ion batteries. Time will tell.

Reply to
Bill Ray

So I could reach it with my foot? My hands are full, that's why they fit the things with pedal controls.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

It sounds like you are chasing your tail. ;~)

Reply to
Leon

One last comment...... I have had a single speed corded Dremel for about twenty years. It continuously proves the old saying that it is better to have and not need than to need and not have.

Spiral sawbit is awesome for down and dirty quick work in wood, MDF, drywall. Carbide burrs are awesome for detail grinding of heavy rust in tight spaces.

Of course I also have a dremel mini lathe (six inch length by 1.5 in diameter) so I could be biased.

I'm looking at the new ergonomic cordless one since I like to combine scrollsawing, woodburning, and power carving into one project and it looks like it might do the job.

Is that the one you got? If so, please post reviews from time to time.

Have fun.

Reply to
Mr P

I have both a corded and cordless model and I'd go with the corded one for all the bells and whistles, then buy a cheaper cordless with just High & Low speeds for those times the cord won't reach.

Reply to
asmurff

Just a gloat...

My B&D Wizard burnt out after many years of hard use. I was waiting for it to die, since their are more accessories available for a Dremel. Anyway, Lowes had the 400 series 55-piece kit, with a free engraver, on sale for $70. I had a $40 gift card from my daughter, a $5 gift card from some promotion, and a returned-merchandise card worth about $17 that had been hanging around in my wallet for months. For $20 out of pocket, I walked out with a pretty cool tool and a bunch of accessories.

Reply to
DerbyDad03