Feedback on Dremel 400-4/70H (from Home Depot)

I am looking to buy my first Dremel-type tool and wanted to make sure that I am buying both good *quality* and good *value*. I am looking to use it for a wide variety of home repair and beginner-to-intermediate woodworking tasks.

I am considering the Dremel 400-4/70H from Home Depot, listed as: Dremel 400 Series XPR Rotary Tool with XPR Planer Attachements. Total 4 Attachments, 70 Accessories in XPR Deluxe Storage Case. Price is $99.

Specifically, the 4 attachments are: Exclusive XPR Planer, Cutting Guide, Flex Shaft, and Lawn Mower and Garden Tool Sharpener

- Anybody have any experience with this model from Home Depot?

- Is it good quality?

This model seems to be unique to Home Depot.

- How does it compare with the similarly priced ($99) Dremel 400-3/71 Series XPR Kit which I have seen listed on Amazon and elsewhere on the net, including the official Dremel website?

Specifically, the 400-3/71 kit comes with the following 3 attachments per the Dremel site: Planar, Flex Shaft, and Circle Cutter (though the Amazon website mentions also the Lawn Mower and Garden Tool Sharpener)

- Which is the better version and deal?

- Should I be considering paying more for the even fancier Dremel 400-6/90 Series XPR Kit which comes with the additional 2 attachments of the XPR MultiSaw and the Flex Lite but costs $50 more?

- Any other comments on alternatives models or manufacturers that I should consider

Thanks

Reply to
blueman

Attachements. Total

attachments per the

Blueman,

Don't have a lot of experience with the XPR kit, just got one for Christmas. Didn't research the tool at all either because, again, it was a gift. I slapped together a cabinet for the garage and used 1/2" MDF for the doors and they overlapped about a 1/2". #@!$$!@!@ didn't want to have to take the hinges off for a clean cut on the TS, then I remembered the Dremel had a door planer attachment.

Real slick. Easily saved me a good 1/2" hour of setup/cut/cleanup over the tablesaw.

Chuck

Reply to
Woodchuck34