Dremel runs backwards!

You probably reversed the leads going to the two commutator brushes. Take it apart again and see if you can swap them.

That's how you reverse a "universal" motor, which is what's in a Dremel.

It could also have happened if you removed the stator and somehow managed to replace it flipped end for end without disconnecting the leads going to it, but that's a very slim possibility.

HTH,

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

Variable speed Dremel tool model 380-5, runs backwards. I believe that sometime in the past I have taken it apart (I forget why) so did I rearrange something?

(It's a good thing I'm not a heart surgeon.)

Henry

Reply to
Henry

Thanks to Jeff for solution. I opened it up, saw that there was no way I could have reversed the leads, so tried flipping stator end for end. BINGO!

Henry

Reply to
Henry

I've always thought they should run the other direction anyway. When doing most things right-handed the normal rotation throws the debris right back at the operator (especially fun when using those fragile cutting wheels).

Reply to
Rick Brandt

Yeah, that's fine for stones and cutting wheels, but whereya gonna find left hand cutting burrs, and very small LH drill bits are near impossible to find and sky high in cost if you do.

Just wear some kind of glasses to protect your eyes. :-)

Jeff (Happily doing his silly "toldjaso dance" for Henry...The dance he stole from a "Will and Grace" TV episode.)

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

With me it's mostly Fox News, but SWMBO watches reruns of Will and Grace to put her to sleep, and I think it's pretty funny. Grace's "Told you so" song, sometimes accompanied by a little jiggly dance, keeps coming up in various episodes.

Through the almost unbelievable magic of Google it was but 'the matter of a moment' to grab this piece of a show script:

**********************

WILL: Grace, I'm really not in the mood for this.

GRACE: I don't care. You're going to listen to me. You may be on top of the world right now, but there is a thing called karma, and one of these days, it's going to come back, and it's gonna bite you on the ass. And when it does, I'm going to be standing over you singing the told you so song. Oh, how's that go again? [SING-SONG] Told you so, told you so, told ya, told ya, told ya so.

JACK: Mother of God, make her stop.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

"Jeff Wisnia" wrote

Anything like the Pee Pee dance???

(sorry. Don't watch much TV let alone Will & Grace....)

Reply to
Dr. Hardcrab