Dremel Scroll Saws 1680 vs 3816

Greetings all, I've noticed that Grizzly is selling a Dremel scroll saw noted as a model 3816, yet Dremel does not have this model on thier site. What they do have is a model 1680, which looks slightly different, yet the specs on both appear the same. Anyone know what the difference betwen the two is?

Thanks,

-Keith

Reply to
Keith

H3816 is Grizzly's catalog number, and probably not the model number of the saw. Call Griz to see what the Dremel model number is.

Reply to
Joe Wells

Hmm.. Good idea. It honestly hadn't ocuured to me that they might not be using the Dremel #, they usually stick with the manufacturer's numbers. If it is the same unit then Grizzly's way off on the price though. $189 at Grizzly, $149 at Amazon. I'll have to give them a call on Monday.

Thanks, Keith

Reply to
Keith

It's a new model. I saw it in store last week. It does look a bit bigger and improved.

Wally

Reply to
Wally

You sure you did not see the Drmel 1800 Scroll Station, I haveit and it is awesome

Reply to
Gregg

Nope, they have that one listed separately.

-Keith

Reply to
Keith

Which one is the new one? The 3816 or the 1680?

-Keith

Reply to
Keith

FWIW, if you search Grizzly's site for 1680, the page for their catalog number H3816 pops up. Similarly, if you search for DW708 (DeWalt SCMS) you get Griz CN G4194, which looks an awful lot like a certain yellow 12" SCMS.

Reply to
Joe Wells

Shoot. I didn't intend for that to sound so flippant. Bottom line, I'm 99% sure that Dremel 1680 = Griz H3816.

Reply to
Joe Wells

NP Joe. After doing some more looking I'm fairly certain you're right. Amazon seems to be the exception on the price. Eveyone else is in the $180 range along with Grizzly.

-Keith

Reply to
Keith