Craftsman Tablesaw Opinions?

I ran across a new Craftsman tablesaw at Sears a couple of days ago, the model #00922104000. For $530 it seems like a pretty decent saw.

It has the left hand tilt and inboard motor that I've been looking for.

Does anyone have first hand experience with this saw?

HerHusband

Looks like a nifty model. Though I was not able to find a link to the specs on it. What's the horespower and amperage in it? I have a Craftsman ts that I bought a year and a half ago. Mine is the "value" product, with the steel router wing, mobile base, etc. for around $430. I've been pleased with it, and noted that one of the mags rated it by far the best in class for its fence, clearly one of the more important qualities. But again, this saw you're looking at looks like a new model, and appears substantially different from mine, nonetheless, I'm happy with mine, for what it's worth. Good luck

Reply to
Doug

I was not able to find a link to the specs on it.

Click the "Product Specs" tab on the link above

It say's 1-1/2 HP, 15A at 120V or 7.5A at 240V.

I currently have an old (25 years?) Craftsman saw that I inherited from my Dad. It's clearly a low end model with a small aluminum top, steel extensions, and a cheap fence. It is direct drive, but it has an induction motor. So, it is quiet to use and has been quite usable despite only having a 13A motor.

Other than the really bad fence, I've been happy with this old saw. I've had to fix up a few things over the years, but it's rugged, light enough to move around the garage easily, and doesn't take much room to store.

Still, there are enough issues with my current saw that I still catch myself looking for a better saw. Most are way out of my price range, but this Craftsman seemed to offer a lot for the money. I would just like to hear some real world experiences with it.

Anthony

Reply to
HerHusband

Hello, I just bought the 922124 model, which is the most expensive in the new line. It is a very nice saw for the money. All the saws in the line-up look good, but I would stick to the 14 or 24 models. In the long run you'll wish you bought the best! The Beismeyer fence is worth the price of admission! Hold out for the Craftsman club sale and you'll get 10% off as well. Good luck! MrMortise

Reply to
mrmortise