Display for flint lock pistol

I need to see some examples so I can build one. I have a replica pistol I want to display. Does anyone have any pointers?

Reply to
Joe Willmann

Joe, The 'SIMPLEST display device is a couple of pegs, driven into a board, a wood wall, or some 'head level' trim around the room. Depending on the pistol; one a few inches back from the muzzle, another in the trigger guard {behind the trigger - for stability}, and the last in the curve of the grip. This is also probably the 'most authentic' as regards the way the 'average homeowner' would have had is pistol 'available'.{For added 'security' a 4th can be placed on the OUTSIDE CURVE of the grip.}

A 'modern' display would be a glass-fronted 'Shadow Box'. From basic simple frame {of depth required for the particular pistol} and some appropriately colored background & plastic ties, to very elaborate 'diorama's '.

Then we get into 'French Fitted' Presentation Cases . . .

Reply to
Ron Magen