Dewalt 746 Table Saw Questions

Greetings all, I've been seriously considering getting the Dewalt 746XB table saw (I've also considered the Jet Hybrid and the Grizzly Cabinet saws) but my shop space is severely limited and there's a couple of questions I haven't been able to find answers for:

1) What is the overall length and depth of the saw with the 30" capacity rails? 2) Are the miter slots plain or t-slot?

I even called Dewalt and while the young lady I spoke to tried to be helpful, she didn't have the specs and the example they had was equipped with the 50" capacity rails.

Tanks in advance, Keith

Reply to
Keith

Here is the info from the Dewalt on-line product manual: Table Size 27" x 40 3/4", which seems about right. I have one but it was actually easier to sit here on my butt and look it up than go to the shop and measure it!!! It is compact, IMO, for my small shop.

They do make it difficult. You have to go to

and set up an account (anyone can) to then get access to service manuals. Why they bury this, I do not know. (I have other design complainst about their site.)

As for the slots they are T-slots. -- Igor

Reply to
igor

Typical full-sized contractor or cabinet saw tables measure 27" X 44". The rails of a 30" rip fence will extend beyond that several inches. Side and out-feed tables need not be permanently attached but can be built on castors so they can be easily rolled out of the way...or become assembly benches...when not in table saw use.

Most older saws have channels for the miter gauge; some of the newer ones have T-slots. You'll have to check out the ones in which you have an interest.

Reply to
Chuck Hoffman

I got off my butt ... 31"x55" actual. (Yes, that is for the smaller rail version.) And, if you want to cut full width with the fence then it projects a few inches more.

Reply to
igor

Thanks Igor, that's exactly the info I was looking for.

Reply to
Keith

Keith, You will not regret if you will take a Grizzly cabinet saw. I have the

5959Z and I am very pleased for the price and the functionality of saw.

You can see the dimensions and manuals of the Grizzly saws at

Ollie

Reply to
Ollie

Ollie, Yup, I have the specs on the Grizzlys, they are good about that. I own four other tools from them.

Reply to
Keith