Delta parts?

Well, the Delta moving management has hit me. Somehow or another I bent the shaft on my Delta miter saw. I need to replace the jackshaft assembly. I ordered one from Tool Parts Direct. I have used them before and they are fairly quick, though all Delta parts are backordered. After a week of no action, I called and found out that Delta is moving their parts distribution to SC and everything is at a standstill. Delta can't give an ETA. I called them and they said maybe in 2 weeks (3 weeks ago). I e-mailed Delta to complain. They asked what parts I needed so I replied with that information. Now they won't answer any e-mail from me.

I'm stuck. It has been over a month and I have no idea if I will even be able to aquire the part or when, if ever.

Arrrrrrgh!

Should I just trash this tool and buy another with some other name on the side? Are all my Delta tools now just so much junk.

Reply to
Ray

Believe it or not, check on eBay. There are a couple of Delta parts suppliers who sell there. I bought a brand new motor for my Delta BOSS spindle sander from these folks a year or so ago for $45, about half of what Delta wanted:

Swingman

Delta is kinda in a transition again as they have recently been sold and bought again. On a good note more of their products are being built in the US again on a bad note their manufacturing facility appears to be TINY.

Reply to
Leon