Delta Kudos

Hello, I know we like to hammer manufacturers at the drop of a hat but this time I would like to say thank you to Delta and their customer service. I had just picked up a used Unisaw and an old Walker-Turner drill press a couple weeks ago and I called Delta to find out exactly how old the Unisaw is and to see if they could point me in the right direction for any info on the Walker-Turner. The Unisaw info was easily available, owner's manual/parts list on internet and they dated my saw immediately (3 years old last month). The lady I spoke with put me on hold to go speak with one of the techs about the WT. When she got back she said she didn't know if they had what I needed but would send the info the tech gave her for no charge. A couple days later I received copy of a WT owners manual and parts listing/diagrams in the mail! Pretty cool. Most companies nowadays give you grief even if you just bought something new from them and have warranty. This has really worked out for me so once again I just want to say thanks to Delta's customer service for being so helpful.

Reply to
stogiepuffer

Ditto for me. I also bought a used Unisaw and needed some info. They were exceptionally helpful. In general I never have problems with power tool manufacturers, Home Depot, Loews, etc. that the other posters complain about. My experience is quite the opposite: I'm often surprised that "I can return this without the original package, without a receipt, or 3 months later".

I'm not sure about these disgruntled customers. I'd really like to hear the retailers side of the story. It's probably something like -- "This guy has returned 75 items in the last 20 days."

Reply to
Never Enough Money

In Rhode island, home depot and lowes no longer take back dewalt tools. They have to go to Quaker Lane Tools or Dajo. If they can fix it, they do. Otherwise, you get your money back. The decision is with the third party.

Reply to
Jack