Delta 24" scroll saw parts list/bearings

Hello group,

Hopefully someone will tell me if there's a better site for info on older Delta woodworking equipment.

Anyway, I'm looking for parts breakdown on fairly late model 40-440,

24" cast iron scroll saw, serial #DZ-4371.

My local PC/Delta people faxed me their parts breakdown, it's for an older version with a different drive mehanism.

My saw has a crank type drive mechanism, with an aluminum linkage (kind of like an auto connecting rod) with needle roller bearings. It's the bearings I'm interested in. Someone repaired it at one time and used the obviously wrong bearings.

If the correct bearings are a special Delta part maybe they still have them available. If they're an off-the-shelf type bearing I can get them locally.

The problem caused by the wrong bearings is a slight knocking (like a connecting rod knock in a car) and a very slight rotation of the lower blade holder at the extremes of the stroke. These don't make the saw un-useable, but I've used good condition versions of my saw and they're very quiet and smooth running which I like when doing fine work.

Thanks,

Doug

Reply to
DougR

Try,

Unisaw A100

Thanks for the links.

From the first one I found my saw is a 1968 model.

Found the parts breakdown on the Ace site, same as PC/Delta faxed me. That parts list is dated 1985. Not the same as my saw.

Reply to
DougR

Try the OWWM site again and see if anyone has uploaded an earlier manual. It would be in the Delta section.

UA100

Reply to
Unisaw A100