Davis & Wells 20" Bandsaw

Insurance Sale, but I know the original owner (retired - Lamberts Prostheti cs and Orthotics). I highly suspect the saw is in excellent working order. Anyone have info/knowledge, they could further contribute about this bands aw. Big and heavy iron, I could use something larger than my 14" Delta. T he Ins guy was willing to take $500 for it.

I bought the upright drill press for $35.

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

I would still say that deserves a you suck for both of them. How much you take for the drill press? I need one bad! Only 1/2 ;-)

Reply to
Morgans

Actually, I went there to check out the flammable cabinet. My shop needs o ne. It was small, but I passed on it, yesterday. I've decided to go get i t anyway. I'll call the guy and see if it's still available.

Nice Craftsman drill press. When I bought it, I thought to give it to my b rother, but I may keep it and give him my old '50s Rockwell -

I had seen the bandsaw, while there, but didn't consider it. Three hours l ater I called the guy and he said someone else came by and wanted it, but w as to wait until today to get it. I told the guy I'd take it, so I'm waiti ng to hear back, if it's still available, by noon. Hope so.

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

I was able to get the flammables cabinet for $40 and the bandsaw for $500. I'm happy.

The tires look good. I hope they are, since replacements are about $120, I think. The motor needs 2 new bolts, for securing it to its seating. The saw sits on a custom made wooden base and that needs replacing. We br oke parts of it, while moving it. I have it hanging, sideways, in my old g arage, so I'll do some of those base "repairs" while in that accessible pos ition. About 5-6 new blades came with it and several old blades, that migh t be able to be sharpened.

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny