David Marks

Just some info for anyone in San Antonio. David Marks is going to be making an appearance at Woodcraft in S.A. on March 5. He will be there from 10 - Noon and 2-5 pm. Doing a couple of demos and some Q&A.

Reply to
BigDog

I met him at the show in Ontario CA. Very nice and frendly to all who approched him. After you meet him you will know why he works with long sleeves. Dave

TeamCasa

Hey! You cant do that Casa!! Now ya know ya gotta tell us what you mean? Right group? Is he scarred or something? Hairy like an ape? What is it?

Jim

Reply to
James D. Kountz

PURPLE arms?

UA100

Reply to
Unisaw A100

I think it has somthing to do with DIY network not wanting a guy who's walking tattoo parlor to show them on TV.

Jon E

Reply to
Jon Endres, PE

Maybe he used too much tung oil to bring out the natural beauty of the skin and it turned colors or something? heh heh..........

Jim

Reply to
James D. Kountz

IIRC, there is a picture of David in "Settup Up Shop" opening his wood shed. He's got long hair and considerable artwork on his arms.

Reply to
Kevin Carbis

I believe its the tattoos.

Reply to
mttt

James:

Mr. Marks has numerous tattoos. He was featured in a shopbuilding book several years ago. His hair was longer and his "tats" were clearly visable. Guess DIY Network didn't want him to show them. Every now and then, I can see his tatoos when the camera comes in close on his hands. This probably also explains why he wears very long gloves when putting on a finish. He can't roll up his sleeves.

MJ Wallace

Reply to
MJ Wallace

Jon Endres, PE

Most tatoos I've seen have turned PURPLE!!! over time.

UA100

Reply to
Unisaw A100

Hell. Mine has faded to a medium darkish blue. Started out a darkish blue nearly 40 years ago. But by today's standard's, it's tiny and nearly invisible.

Charlie Self "Health food makes me sick." Calvin Trillin

Charlie Self

On Tue, 24 Feb 2004 09:49:45 GMT, Unisaw A100 brought forth from the murky depths:

Worse!

De boy be tacked back, jack.

---------------------------------------------------------- --== EAT RIGHT...KEEP FIT...DIE ANYWAY ==--

- Schnazzy Tees online

Larry Jaques

They have improved tattoo ink vastly over the last 30 years. Puff

Reply to
Puff Griffis

Reply to
Mark

I'm always wondering how much Mario Rodriguez (sp?) pays out in dry cleaning and pressing for his shop shirts.

UA100

Reply to
Unisaw A100

On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 00:01:33 GMT, Unisaw A100 brought forth from the murky depths:

If you don't let go of that thing (and soon!) it'll go from PURPLE to black and fall off. DAMHIKT

---------------------------------------------------------- --== EAT RIGHT...KEEP FIT...DIE ANYWAY ==--

- Schnazzy Tees online

Larry Jaques

What color is a belch?

Reply to
jo4hn

Monkey Vomit Green.

Reply to
Doug Winterburn

BURPLE!!!

Reply to
Morris Dovey

Geez. He's got one. Fair sized, but that's all that shows with a short sleeve shirt. I don't know if he has any on shoulders, or anywhere else for that matter.

Cheers, Eric

Reply to
Eric Lund