Dado set with metric bore

Question from the old world;

As dado sets for table saws are prohibited here in Germany for safety reasons, I'm looking to get one from a mail order house in the US or Canada. Up to now, I only found sets up to 8" in diameter with a 5/8 bore. Does anybody know a source for a set of at least 10" diameter and more important,

30mm bore?.

regards Matthias

Reply to
Matthias Mühe

Try Axminster in the UK

or D&M Tools
export.

CJH

Reply to
Chris Harris

Machine Mart stock an 8" Freud with 30mm bore

't seem to do a 10" though.

Reply to
Mel

Ernie Jurick asks:

The unguarded blade set is masked by the work. An incautious woodworker can get chewed up pretty well if he (or she) forgets what is going on.

Of course, that same incautious woodworker is the one who is likely to set a router with its still spinning dado bit on his leg.

Charlie Self

Facts are stupid things. Ronald Reagan

Reply to
Charlie Self

If you deal with Forrest directly rather than their Web Sales Site (3D Sales) they will bore to 30mm and export their dado set.

You can call Forrest direct at the New Jersey plant, to order or have questions call 800-733-7111 in the US or 973-473-5236 from Europe, ask for "Charles".

Reply to
Rumpty

That's one of my pet rants, Ernie. It's the nanny-state syndrome rearing its ugly head. It also appears that manufacturers are making machines which do not have a sufficiently long arbor to accommodate a dado head, so even if you're a consenting adult and you privately import one, it won't fit your machine.

All it does is piss off people who are careful and competent, while the cackhanded will simply find another way of removing their essential appendages.

Frank

Reply to
Frank McVey

Dimar Canada sell a very nice dado set at reasonable prices. Their 10" set is offered in 5/8" and 1" bores but they can custom ream the bore to 30mm for very little extra. I own an 8" 46-tooth set that was custom bored to

20mm (for an Inca Major TS) and the price I paid with the custom bore was less than an off-the-shelf Freud professional dado set. Each dado set includes 2 blades, one 6mm chipper, two 3mm chippers and one 1mm chipper to produce grooves from 6mm to 20mm.

The page describing the dado sets on Dimar's web site is

- Rob

Reply to
Robert MacKinnon