Cutting mortises

Anyone have a suggestion on how I can cut 170 mortises in an hour? I was considering a Domino, but it falls far short at only 168. There has to be a more efficient tool.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

tiredofspam

Let's see a Multi-Router, about 2 minutes per, so six Multi-routers could do it in an hour. Only run you about $16,200 and some change, plus labor.

Reply to
Swingman

I can arrange it cheaper than that. I'll send Leon over with his Domino and I'll give you my Domino. You two can handle the job. We'll split it three ways at $5,000 each. He can save $1200.00

Reply to
Dave

Ih had to stop in the middle to go P.

Reply to
Leon

Story of my life. :-)

Reply to
Steve Turner

I am sure you could get up to 171 / hour after several months of practice.

Reply to
Jim Weisgram

Jim Weisgram wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

That's too fast. He wants 170 mortices/hour.

Maybe the bigger one will work faster.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

AW Ed. So sad. WW

Reply to
WW

So he can take a break every hour after reaching 170. Let's see, 3600 sec/hour divided by 170 mortices gives a 21 second break.

Is that enough time for a pee? I guess not, unless there's a bucket somewhere in the corner of the shop. Or maybe it will take more practice to get the rate up even higher.

Reply to
Jim Weisgram