What is it? Set 427

The latest set has been posted:

Rob H.

2473 - Bottle opener 2474 - Nose ring! 2475 - folding spanner - a cyclists tool, including spoke adjuster and bottle opener! 2476 - leather football former 2477 - hot plate gripper?
Reply to
Harry Vaderchi
2476 Sand-casting pattern for a cannon ball?

Reply to
Alexander Thesoso
2473 cigar cutter? 2474 towel holder? 2475 glass cutter? 2476 first thought was a hat jig. after the other photos, no clue. 2477 oil can remover? HFS in the 60s = Harbor Freight Tools now 2478 fumergator?

Reply to
Kenefick

2477 is a device to press glazier's points into a picture frame.

Kevin Gallimore

Reply to
axolotl
2473 vacuum cleaner nozzle for under the sofa? 2474 the round ball probably has female threads? Which makes it a towel holder. 2475, some kind of wrench, but what? 2476 looks a bit like the "ink balls" that were used to put ink on old movable type printing pressess. The ball is coated with leather, of course. There's a historic site within driving distance of me that has ink balls. 2477, gee whiz. Harbor Freight is still in business. You could contact them, and see if someone at the office knows. Me, sorry, not sure. 2478, something based on a wick type oil lamp. Beyond that, I'm guessing.
Reply to
Stormin Mormon

2478: Humidifier, fumigator and deodorizer?
Reply to
anorton

2476 ? How about a form for making pinatas? Marco Polo discovered them on his China trip. Nowadays, you might use a balloon for a form.

It looks as if you could make a paper-mache pinata up to 53 degrees north of the equator, like Dublin or Liverpool, and still get the wedges out after withdrawing the center piece. Then you could put in the goodies and attach a paper-mache cap. Perhaps this would be more rigid and could be filled fuller than if you made a pinata out of two hemispheres.

Reply to
J Burns

"Stormin Mormon" fired this volley in news:FMPYq.33900$ snipped-for-privacy@news.usenetserver.com:

Yeah, but Stormy, those balls are filled with wool, not wood. One letter off!

Lloyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

2473 Tailpipe extension

2378 Hand warmer, cigar lighter, coffee warmer.

Reply to
Gerald Ross

2478 Hen House heater?
Reply to
WW

I guess I should give you about a 90% on this answer, it _is_ a bottle opener but it's for a specific kind of bottle, one which most people here have probably opened on at least one occasion.

Reply to
Rob H.

Thanks! I'll pass this on to the person who sent the photo, they got it in a box lot that they had purchased at an auction.

Reply to
Rob H.

2478 Maybe a humidifier? 2nd guess.
Reply to
WW

Looks like I should have taken the photo from a lower angle so it would be more obvious that the slot that you can see on the lower right is a key hole.

Reply to
Rob H.

The first one is correct! I'll give a hint, it was for use on a farm.

Reply to
Rob H.

Not technically correct but you're on the right track for one of the uses for this device.

Reply to
Rob H.

Yes, otherwise known as a brooder

Correct, if it's too dry then egg shells can stick to hatching chicks.

One use for this device has still gone unanswered.

Reply to
Rob H.

Egg candler? Art

Reply to