cut ups

On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 19:59:14 -0500, "Dave O'Heare" calmly ranted:

No, they had failed to tell me that only the center portion of the lens (Varilux) had any correction in it. I wanted to rip the gal's head off since she was the one who should have let me in on that little secret. I could have told her it would n't work for me without two weeks worth of trial, hassle, headaches, neck aches, and total. frustration.

Ditto here. I couldn't even see the rear view mirrors in the truck without turning my head each time, and I did that half a dozen times a minute. Long eyelashes probably contributed to my problem with the lenses, but overall it was a complete fiasco.

Eff that noise, and Off with their heads!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - If God approved of nudity, we all would have been born naked. ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- -----

Your Wild & Woody Website Wonk

Reply to
Larry Jaques

"Larry Jaques" wrote

Maybe if you change your brand of mascara and eyeliner, the long eye lashes wouldn't be so much of a problem. ;)

Reply to
Lee Michaels

Larry Jaques wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

When the eye doc I've been seeing for 15 years was out of the office on holiday, and his associate saw me, I learned a lot of things about my eyes, my glasses, and the problems I'd been having. She is _really_ good; a mom who wanted to stay current and busy, but only work one to four days a month.

My new glasses are ready to pick up now. I'd have gotten them today, if I could have gotten the glaze to cover decently on this latest blanket chest. I _HATE_ it when the finish changes radically in mid-project! What was supposed to be a simple project with the DIL has gotten to be a finishing nightmare, what with the cold-for-northern-California weather this week.

We'll see how things work in a post-Varilux world.

Patriarch

Reply to
Patriarch

On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 00:31:22 -0500, "Lee Michaels" calmly ranted:

Yeah, I'll switch to a limp mascara. That'll do the trick! Gee, thanks, Lee!

----------------------------------------------- I'll apologize for offending someone...right after they apologize for being easily offended.

Inoffensive Web Design

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I liked turning 50. Sort of gave me certain rights as a mature citizen. Next year will be 60. I'm actually looking forward to it. Sure, physically I'm seeing limitations, but that is a little offset by the wisdom that comes with age. Perhaps my vanity works differently, but I kind of like it when the guys at work say "ask Ed, he'll know what to do". I just don't want to turn into some mean old bastard that people throw stones at. Ed

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Yep, my kids (all of them) think Dad can either fix anything or tell them how to. Not at all uncommon for one of the SIL's to call & pick my brain, although they are all good mechanics in their own right.

Reply to
Norman D. Crow

How do you protect that perception when you screw something up? :)

Reply to
Upscale

Moi? Nah! I make sure they never see it, or blame it on them if they can't do what I told them and get it right.

Reply to
Norman D. Crow

middle-aged.

I had bifocals when I was 6 years old.

Reply to
CW

On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 21:24:13 -0800, "CW" calmly ranted:

Same here, primarily for the reading lens. My eyes tended to cross a bit when reading.