Bosch sawsalls

It seems that the milwuakee recipro. saw is the one to have. However, the cost is quite high. Whats the general opinion about Bosch sawsalls? I can get a bosch, 9amp, 1 1/4" stroke saw for just over 100.00 canadian right now. As a refference, the Miwaukee saws are around 300.00 canadian. Thanks. Also, I can get a tigersaw for about 179.00 candian.

Michael

Reply to
Michael Billings

What are you going to do with it?

If you are a contractor who needs to do demolition as an integral part of your business, that's one thing.

If you are a hobbyist, that is quite another.

For as often as I use one, a Porter-Cable for about $100 USD does the job.

SFWIW, I refuse to use anything other than carbide or bi-metal blades.

HTH

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

"Michael Billings" wrote in news:wZ5Ad.14674$Y72.4938@edtnps91:

Will you use it almost every day to earn a living, or twice, to do homeowner tasks?

Patriarch

Reply to
Patriarch

Reply to
JGS

My choice for a reciprocating saw would be either the Milwaukee 11 Amp Orbital Super Sawzall Model No. 6521-21 for approx. $185.00 US$ or the DeWalt DW309K which sells for about $150.00 US$.

Nova

Nova

Bosch is high quality and very smooth, but I've heard problems of durability with the gears in them. Another thing to consider is that they're probably the least-common recip saw out there, so support might not be great.

I'm guessing that $300 Milwaukee is the super fancy model. They also make more basic ones that are just as durable.

GTO(John)

Reply to
GTO69RA4

I recieved a Bosch RS10 for Christmas. It's heavy but I suppose it's because it has a 12 amp motor. The blade lock is slick. Stick a blade in the slot and it snaps shut locking the blade. To remove, just rotate the collar and the blade pops out. This could be a point of failure someday but it seems to built pretty solidly so we'll see. The cord is long, really long, and swivels. It's really smooth to operate and appears to be very solid. I've only done a few test cuts so the jury is still out. If it's like my other Bosch tools then I'll be very happy with it.

Bryan

Reply to
DamnYankeeBastard

The "low-end" DeWalt I have is very similar to this.

Reply to
GregP

Sometimes the short stroke is better, like when you have to start a cut in a corner or make a plunge cut. Of course, if you're ripping through sheets of plywood on a roof, the long stroke is the thing you want.

Reply to
BUB 209

Its funny. I thought I'd use my sawzall only rarely when I bought it (5 years ago. Its the Porter Cable.)

Then we had an ice storm. Massive amounts of wood down. Enough to form a pile roughly 8-10 feet wide, 7 feet high, and about 50 feet long. Mostly 6 inches and under, but some up to 12 inches. The blasted chain saw was of no value - would not start, but I had a long extension cord and a package of 5 sharp wood cutting blades. The sawzall did it all.

Still runs like it was new too.

John

Reply to
John D'Errico