Crapsman lives up to it's title

Oh yeah, I feel your pain. It's one of the fundamental differences between men an wimminz I think.

Two way radios huh? That's not a bad idea. Though I still prefer avoiding shopping with SWMBO entirely.

Reply to
Silvan

Nice try Grandpa, but your criticism of me is unfounded. I made a legitimate point in my original post and it stands on it's own. If you would care to defend Craftsman's safety precautions in the mentioned commercial, please do. I would like to hear it.

Like BB's off a battleship..... Frank

Reply to
Frank Ketchum

Oooh, I don't know about that. YMMV, but my cell phone sometimes startles the heck out of me when it's on vibrate. I had already rejected that idea for myself while in the shop after just about jumping out of my chair in the office a few times. It's a good think computers don't have spinning blades!

Tom

Reply to
Tom

Yeah, I agree with you on that one, Tom. I used to have a job that required me to carry a pager whenever I was away from home. I got so used to having that stupid thing on my belt that I sometimes forgot to take it off when I got home. One evening, I was just about to feed a board into the table saw -- had the blade spinning, and was just setting the board onto the table -- full concentration on the saw and the board -- when the damn thing went off, and I jumped. If it had been just *two*seconds* later, I would have had board in blade. Never again!

Doug Miller

Reply to
nospambob

Actually sir, you did not make a legitimate point at all, unless you purport to be a cheesy lawyer. Craftsman is not at fault for where someone opted to stand while cutting a board. Its the fault of the person doing it. Your title implies it was a shitty tool, not the case, just a shitty decision by he who was cutting the wood, and perhaps they who were supposed to edit the clip.

As for the latter, look at the title of this specific thread again. It has nothing to do with Craftsman whatsoever unless they are sellng cell phones now.

Reply to
Grandpa

Actually it was the marketers who were trying to show teamwork and bonding. How Man and Woman can work together to accomplish complicated and involved tasks, and do it with cheer.

Marketing has seemed to have taken a turn to appeal to the clueless and the dumbasses.

All I can say is, had I been driving the station wagon the squirrel would be road kill, a grease spot, and I would be washing it's guts from my quarter panel.

Reply to
Mark

If I really didn't want her along, I would plan a single purpose trip and tell her that I was going out for TOOLS, or Shop Supplies, and typically she is not all that interesting in riding along and watching me gloat/drool over tools, screws, etc.

However, there are just too many times we are out for a movie or dinner, or whatever, and I need to make a quick run into the Borg and she comes along, and those situations the radios are a blessing. Also work great in places like CostCo or Sam's Club

John

Reply to
John Crea

As has been mentioned (with links) in this thread, the deaf and hard of hearing have various flasher devices that can be hooked up to doorbells and telephones, so that a light flashes when the doorbell or phone rings. I was dependent on these devices for a few years until I got a cochler implant (think bionic ear).

John

Reply to
JohnT.

And all on "Atkin's"...

Reply to
mttt

They don't make that big a splash. Try whapping a whitetail some time.

Charlie Self "Love is not the dying moan of a distant violin - it's the triumphant twang of a bedspring." S. J. Perelman

Charlie Self

Movie? Dinner? I've heard these words before, but I can't remember what they mean. I think they refer to stuff we used to do before we had children.

Reply to
Silvan

Nah.

I'm hoping once the weather improves and I get more active I can drop some weight without having to bother with a diet. Diets are too complicated.

Reply to
Silvan

My shop is lit with flourescents, and very brightly...but there is a single incandescent bulb with a switch at the top of the stairs. My wife just blinks it on and off; it's noticeable but not distracting... and she knows better than to come down while the DC and jointer are running!

Warren

Reply to
Warren Senders

We have a wireless phone with an intercom. If she needs me, she will call.

If it's too noisy to hear, she will wait a few moments and try again. Sure beats being snuck up upon.

Reply to
Al Reid

Reply to
nospambob