Craftsman tablesaw...that bad?

That's pretty far down the evolutionary scale (at least in places where the talk show audience believes in evolution). Almost as low as disk jockeys.

Lee

Reply to
Lee Gordon

does come into play is in a TV newscast when, at the conclusion of a live

(you:) No, they almost invariably look foolish (and waste time in the process)... >>

I never meant to imply that they were successful.

Lee

Reply to
Lee Gordon

70 lbs is the weight limit for UPS.

Shipping cross-border via UPS is a *real* pain. Customs/brokerage fees are absolutely RIDICULOUS

Reply to
Robert Bonomi

umm... as realized in an above reply, they do, you just have Grizzly ship to an export forward shipper, which one has to pay for including taxes, gets high tho...

Reply to
AAvK

Reply to
Rob Mills

I forgot to mention that the above saw replaced a 35+ year old Craftsman (made by Emerson) that was still working great. I wanted the wheels so I could get it in and out of the garage. My son got the old saw. RM~

Reply to
Rob Mills

Yes, that's why most people in Canada who know avoid UPS like the plague. There's lots of other options; I buy things from the US all the time. I have no problems having it delivered in Canada.

But another poster has already pointed out the relationship between Grizzly and Busy Bee. Still annoying, but it makes sense from their point of view.

Reply to
Doug Payne

Reply to
nospambob

Oh, tell me about it. I once ordered a telescope adapter from a place in NY that cost about $50, and UPS charged something like $30 to clear it. I refused the shipment, and the store was kind enough to reship by USPS/Canada Post...5 bucks border fee, thank-you very much.

Reply to
bob

Yes, the Post Offices are often the butt of jokes, but I've had perfect results with them, including shipping some items that were upwards of $3,000. UPS, on the other hand...

Reply to
Doug Payne

I've had one very similar for about 18 months. No problems so far. Bought it on sale at a Sears store in Calif for $400 US$. I think it's now a discontinued model.

--Steve

bob wrote:

Reply to
Steve