Craftsman Radial Arm Saw Recall / Free Upgrade Kit (2024 Update)

Buy one from someone who has one? Oh, you want something for nothing. Never mind.

Reply to
krw

No, I think this would be a job for a Delorean but only if the flux capacitor is up to full charge.

Reply to
John McGaw

John McGaw wrote in news:l0iYF.130653$ snipped-for-privacy@fx23.iad:

Or a police phone box.

Reply to
Puckdropper

But will can Delorean actually get to 88 MPH?

Reply to
Markem

In free-fall on a good day...

Reply to
John McGaw

replying to dss, drgary wrote: Did you cut the power cord as per the instruct?

Reply to
drgary

I need a new upgrade for my saw mald no 113.199250 6047 n Mascher street Philadelphia pa 19120 thanks you

Reply to
krystalzacklimari1

You wait right there in the car - I'll be along shortly with the kit.

Thanks you too. John T.

Reply to
hubops

Philly! Love that city. I wouldn't want to live there, but we have a good friend that has a business-owned condo overlooking Washington Square Park that we use every couple of years.

The Mütter Museum...always a barrel of laughs.

DerbyDad03

I have been in touch with Emerson regarding the radial arm saw recall. Their answer is to cut the power cord in two places and send photos with the cut cord and model and serial number to get a check for $50.00 dollars. That leaves me with an unusable piece of junk. I like your idea of the upgrade, but how do I go about it?

Reply to
Jim B.

Hi Jim, I had an Electronic 10" radial arm saw from my father heritage in 1986. I think mine is a 1979 but not sure. First time I read about this recall. What is the problem? I read somewhere else that they were sending a new gard and other parts. Is that also true? Thanks

Le vendredi 9 février 2024 à 11 h 46 min 52 s UTC-5, Jim B. a écrit :

Reply to
Alain Désourdy

Bonjour Alain: Yes. The new guard is a safety feature that was the reason for the recall. It looks like the recall is out of date. I didn't know about the upgrade, but I thought I would give it a try. If you go to Emerson RAS recall it will show you what to do. If the saw still works, I wouldn't recommend it.

Reply to
Jim B.