Cool Cabinet

https://imgur.com/gallery/mcSSK1g
Anyone here ever do anything like this? I have an idea how it's done but uncertain. How would you do it?
On 5/1/2018 7:21 AM, Meanie wrote:

<http://www.finewoodworking.com/readerproject/2016/03/04/transitions-equinoxes>
Tambour, not enough resolution to see just precisely how his are constructed but more than likely something like the latter above.

On 5/1/18 7:21 AM, Meanie wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?vQ4op6Pyt_8

--

-MIKE-

Thanks for the link, interesting.
On Tue, 1 May 2018 08:21:39 -0400

pleasing to the eye but gimmicky
never tried it
i would find the thinnest kerf blade i could find and make the cuts then laminate it all to some twenty or maybe thiry ounce canvas
not sure about how i would make it roll smooth but probably use some quiet rollers at top and bottom
would look nicer for a built in wall cabinet so that it is flush with the to give it a concealed look
could put the flat screen behind it
On Sat, 5 May 2018 09:16:41 -0700, Electric Comet

I have a Danish bed with tambour doors on the sidestands that have been fine for about 40 years now. They used some kind of plastic for the guides--it's approximately teak-color so it's not Teflon or UHMW, if I had to guess I'd say ABS. The bed has smaller doors though--that solution might not hold up with larger ones.

But why bother? When you're not watching TV use the flatscreen for just another picture on the wall.