Cool Cabinet

Anyone here ever do anything like this? I have an idea how it's done but uncertain. How would you do it?

Reply to
Meanie

Tambour, not enough resolution to see just precisely how his are constructed but more than likely something like the latter above.

Reply to
dpb

-MIKE-

Thanks for the link, interesting.

Reply to
OFWW

pleasing to the eye but gimmicky

never tried it

i would find the thinnest kerf blade i could find and make the cuts then laminate it all to some twenty or maybe thiry ounce canvas

not sure about how i would make it roll smooth but probably use some quiet rollers at top and bottom

would look nicer for a built in wall cabinet so that it is flush with the to give it a concealed look

could put the flat screen behind it

Reply to
Electric Comet

I have a Danish bed with tambour doors on the sidestands that have been fine for about 40 years now. They used some kind of plastic for the guides--it's approximately teak-color so it's not Teflon or UHMW, if I had to guess I'd say ABS. The bed has smaller doors though--that solution might not hold up with larger ones.

But why bother? When you're not watching TV use the flatscreen for just another picture on the wall.

Reply to
J. Clarke