Glue Up Table And Bungee Assisted Cauls

This guy made glue up table and bungee assisted cauls for gluing up panels.
(The "table" is 2 pieces of slotted sheet goods that he can put on top of his workbench when needed)
One end of each caul has a piece of bungee cord permanently attached and the other end uses the ball (as shown below) to hold it upright while you tighten the clamps. The bungees are basically that extra pair of hands that we are often looking for.
https://i.imgur.com/aNXdlgr.jpg
The making of the cauls and table starts at about 9:00 here. The first 9:00 is basically fluff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTFKQ9UvPTg

On 4/30/2018 8:44 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

IMHO learning to glue up panels correctly negates the need for cauls of any kind.
On 5/1/18 8:50 AM, Leon wrote:

Top and bottom clamping?
--

-MIKE-

On 5/1/2018 9:35 AM, -MIKE- wrote:

Yes if your boards are not straight, requiring extra pressure. But straight boards do not need enough pressure to bow the clamps.
On Mon, 30 Apr 2018 18:44:37 -0700 (PDT)

another gizmo for the shop
might make sense for production but there are other ways to do same that will not need bungies
On Saturday, May 5, 2018 at 12:19:50 PM UTC-4, Electric Comet wrote:

Really? I always thought that there only one way to do any given thing.
Live and learn.
BTW...go negative much?
On 5/5/2018 3:39 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

I agree with Leon, if you need cauls, you are likely doing something wrong. If anything, EC was not being negative enough.
Are you disagreeing with Leon or just picking on EC?
--
Jack
On Monday, April 30, 2018 at 9:44:41 PM UTC-4, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Good stuff interesting application for bungees. in this trade a third hand is always handy this tecnique serves as a third hand I feel. rick B.