Glue Up Table And Bungee Assisted Cauls

This guy made glue up table and bungee assisted cauls for gluing up panels.

(The "table" is 2 pieces of slotted sheet goods that he can put on top of his workbench when needed)

One end of each caul has a piece of bungee cord permanently attached and the other end uses the ball (as shown below) to hold it upright while you tighten the clamps. The bungees are basically that extra pair of hands that we are often looking for.

The making of the cauls and table starts at about 9:00 here. The first 9:00 is basically fluff.

DerbyDad03

IMHO learning to glue up panels correctly negates the need for cauls of any kind.

Reply to
Leon

Top and bottom clamping?

Reply to
-MIKE-

Yes if your boards are not straight, requiring extra pressure. But straight boards do not need enough pressure to bow the clamps.

Reply to
Leon

another gizmo for the shop

might make sense for production but there are other ways to do same that will not need bungies

Reply to
Electric Comet

Really? I always thought that there only one way to do any given thing.

Live and learn.

BTW...go negative much?

Reply to
DerbyDad03

I agree with Leon, if you need cauls, you are likely doing something wrong. If anything, EC was not being negative enough.

Are you disagreeing with Leon or just picking on EC?

Reply to
Jack

Good stuff interesting application for bungees. in this trade a third hand is always handy this tecnique serves as a third hand I feel. rick B.

Reply to
Rick the antique guy