Compressor nailer quesiton

I have been thinking about getting one of those 6 gallon compressor nailer combos (Porter Cable or Bostitch) for some wooodworking projects but I was wondering if you can run a framing nailer off one. I do some carpentry work every now and then with decks and fences and some remodeling. The associate at the Depot did not know but pointed out that a framing nailer was not pictured on the display tag. The framing nailers I looked at mentioned a range (80 - 125 PSI), which both compressors provide, but did not give a SCFM.

Will a 6 gallon compressor work with a framing nailer for light to moderate use?

Thanks

Reply to
Rick

I have the same compressor, and I'd say you'll be fine for occasional use. I've run a large Porta-Nails 421 flooring nailer (the one that fires "horseshoe nails") with it with no issues or complaints.

If you're planning on doing it on a regular basis, I'd get a bigger compressor.

Reply to
B A R R Y

In short yes.

However you need to do your research and of course the web can be a wonderful source ;-) I have a and it will run any nailer I throw at it. Look for a rating of SCFM (Standard Cubic Feet per Minute), and compare that to what your nailer requires. Amazon is a great place to read some reviews once you settle on a brand or price.

Best of luck to you!

DAC

Reply to
DAC

check the wreck back a few days. I remeber somebody posting a deal on a bostitch combo-kit better than any PC price.

Reply to
RayV

The last car I bought did not have bags of groceries shown in the trunk, but I manage to do it anyway.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Absolutely. These sized compressors were basically make for nailers. Typically nail guns are very low volume but high pressure users.

Reply to
Leon