One of those days...

First, the microwave went south last night (see post "Dead microwave oven"). This morning at M&S there was a power glitch while we were using the self-scan checkout. Nobody could pay until the server sorted itself out. Then Sainsbury's petrol station closed a few seconds before we got to it. No idea why, unless the power glitch affected it too (they are adjacent).

Then an hour ago I went into the garden and saw something shining in the greenhouse. It wasn't water - one of the large toughened glass panels in the roof had broken. There were thousands of pieces of glass everywhere, as it was 162 x 61cm. It'll take ages to clear up.

I've ordered a new one, but it'll take a week to get made. It was originally 3mm thick, but our local supplier said that in the UK 4mm is the thinnest they now do. That size will fit, as it's a drop-in.

Reply to
Jeff Layman