Redundant Earth Bonding

I am at the first fix plumbing stage of our bathroom refurbishment and removing some of the old pipe work I am finding loads of supplementary bonding back from the days of the 16th edition of the regs. I think.

I believe the rules have changed since and this is no longer required, am I obliged to re-instate it or can it be scrapped? I do have main bonding to gas, domestic water and central heating. We are getting rid of the electric shower for which I think additional bonding was required.

Reply to
Tricky Dicky

If all circuits are RCD protected, then there is no need for supplementary bonding. You do need main equipotential bonding to any metal pipework entering the premises.

Reply to
Alan Lee

If the main eq bonding is in place and all circuits that present in the bathroom are RCD protected at 30mA trip or less, then you don't need the supplementary bonding. (this was a change in the 17th edition)

Reply to
John Rumm