Problem Finishing floors

I just put down nearly 4000 feet of hardwood floors, sanded them to 80 grit and polished them with a 100 grit screen. I then put down Bon Kemi's Bonaseal to seal it. The floors are dry, and as expected, the water based product raised the grain. I tried to buff the sealer off with a 120 grit screen on a rotary polisher. It bucks and then throws the pad and screen out from under the machine. The floor is dry (24 hrs). The thing is grabbing the raised grain.

What do I do to correct the situation and get on with putting the Bon Kemi Mega down?

Len

Reply to
l-lopez

I would get a different type of machine. Try the standard: Large Belt or Drum sander w/ fine sandpaper belt. Most pros use those types of machines for a reason--they're so much quicker and easier.

If you can get a good quality orbital type, then that'll do for finishing, but it is slower. Sounds like you might be using a machine designed for polishing (?), which sounds unlikely to me to function effectively as a sander.

hylourgos