compressed-air drills

Of course it it small however it is also low powered. Size for power air wins every time.

nonsense? Not at all.

cables for a corded driver are almost never over 3M however since all my air tools have a QR on the tool. Any length (in my case) up to 50M without junctions is usable.

In your opinion.

If electric impact drivers were so good then tyre shops and garages would use them.

With sanders exactly the same is true though they need a high airflow, so few non professional workshops have the compressor power to use them

Which part of the word "eventually" did you miss?

by the time an air impact can use an overhaul it will have outlasted 2 or 3 equivelent electric impact drivers

-- >replace spamblock with my family name to e-mail me >Pics at

>and

Jerome Meekings

There are also air impact screwdrivers. and there are air Clutch Screwdrivers

I do agree that if air

Reply to
Jerome Meekings

Absolute nonsense.

More flexible? What drugs are you on? Yes the corded screwdrive is

6' or so, but the cord on an air screwdriver is zero length. You have to use an extension to use the bloody thing at all!

I bet several here have drills that are fifty years old. Got an air nailer that's 50?

Idiot. This is rec.woodworking.

Eventually it will need it. What is so hard about that to understand?

Nonsense.

Reply to
keithw86

Doug, depending on location I happen to have some new in box metabo cordless drill drivers and electric screw guns. 15.6V for 175.00 18V for200.00 and electric screw gun 125.00 plus shipping. this is about half price for these tools. I found several at a good deal and am passing along the savings to fellow woodworkers. They are NOT hot! leave a message here if you are interested or e-mail me at fcpreston at nc dot rr dot com. I do not sell tools for a living.... :-]

skeez

Reply to
skeez

PS I can e-mail pics and specs. just ask.

skeez

Reply to
skeez

Thanks for the offer, skeez -- and BTW, coming from you, it never even occurred to me to wonder if they were hot -- but I think I'll see how I get along with the aging Bosch and the nearly-new Ryobi that I'm sure I can borrow from my Dad; I forgot he had one. And I should have remembered that: I gave it to him for Christmas.

Reply to
Doug Miller

Apple and oranges. And if I have to explain it, then it's not worth explaining. :-)

Reply to
-MIKE-

lol.... dont for get pics. :-]

Reply to
skeez

So you're saying that an air impact driver with a power level appropriate to driving deck screws is necessarily too small to be usable? Because that's what it sounds like.

Don't they have extension cords in your universe?

Tyre shops and garages have to remove stuck or rusted on fasteners, not drive deck screws.

Try driving deck screws with one of the impact wrenches that a garage uses and get back to us on how you make out.

By the time my electric impact driver wears out in the use I give it my grandchildren will have inherited it.

You seem to have some kind of religious devotion to pneumatic tools.

If you can find a pneumatic tool purpose-designed for driving wood screws please do provide a link to it.

Reply to
J. Clarke

Just to add my $.02 worth, try to run an impact wrench or pneumatic drill for more than a minute or 2 with the typical portable compressor used by carpenters or in a woodshop.

Reply to
Larry W

Actually they do use them, I still have one from my old tire days. That electric 1/2" impact wrench would take care of what air could not.

Reply to
Leon

Awwww, c'mon Larry, any carpenter who knows what he's doing keeps an 80 gallon compressor in the bed of his pick-up, silly.

Reply to
-MIKE-

What the heck do you know about rhythm? :-)

Reply to
Steve Turner

Down beat and back beat.... that's about it. :-)

Reply to
-MIKE-

Driving nails at creative angles can do wonders towards preventing them from popping out.

Reply to
Steve Turner

I was taught to drive opposing nails at a "V" which does wonders to increase holding power. (tangent)

Reply to
-MIKE-

That's the sound of the men working on the chain ga-a-ang That's the sound of the men working on the chain_gang

All day long they're singin' (Hooh! aah!) (hooh! aah!) (Hooh! aah!) (hooh! aah!)

Reply to
krw

I have lots of air tools but don't like them much for wood because they need oil, and I always end up with oil on my hands, and oil and wood don't mix. My sanders use a ton of air and a big compressor

I like air for painting and blowing off dust mostly.

Speaking of which, I found a new use for air. When cleaning paint nozzles from little cans of paint, you are supposed to turn the can upside down and spray until clear air comes out. Well, I have a blowgun with a rubber tip that I discovered you can insert the paint can spray nozzle and blow air through the nozzle. Works really well, including on clogged nozzles if you soak them in lacquer thinner a bit.

Reply to
Jack Stein

Get a quality corded drill, maybe a Milwaulkee. You'll get more power and control. Save the cordless for weenie projects. Take a look at stainless square-hole screws--they cost more but will outlast the others.

Reply to
Phisherman

Some, here, report the usage of stainess steel screws not working well. Apparently it sounds like they are too brittle and break frequently with battery drills.

I have not experienced them. YMMV

Reply to
Josepi