Compressed air outlet on exterior wall?

Has anyone seen or developed a good solution to putting a permanent compressed air outlet on an exterior wall? The compressor would be inside. I'm thinking of something like a regulator, gauge and coupler in a reasonable looking weather resistant box. The box could be similar to an A/C disconnect switch.

I've searched and come up empty.

Thanks, Doug

Reply to
Doug

I used a brass coupler connected to a galvanized 45 degree ell (slanted down) and reducing bushing sticking through the wall with no weatherproof box. It worked just fine for years until I tore the building down. I don't remember what I used for a flange for mounting it; maybe just a thread adapter on the 1/2" copper pipe inside the garage.

Bob

Reply to
zxcvbob

I have a very simple one that's worked fine for years. All it is, is a regular compressor extension hose (quick disconnects on both ends) with one end in the basement and the other end sticking through the outside wall. There is a plastic box (about 6" high by 4" wide) with a flip-up lid over the outside part (I think I found the box in the electrical area, not sure what it is actually designed for).

When I want air outside, I just "quick connect' the compressor to the end in the basement and another hose I have in the garage to the connector in the box. The gauge, etc. is on the compressor in the basement so I pre-set it for my application when I'm connecting the hose.

Simple, cheap, and works great!

John

Reply to
John

permanent

would be inside.

in a

similar to an

I just ran galvanized pipe through the wall, and put a brass quick-disconnect on it. It is part of the air distribution system in my garage.

Bob

Reply to
Bob

Unless you live in a very, very, mild climate, the less stuff you have outside the better.

Reply to
John Hines