cold

minus 4 F

Maybe I should turn the heat on?

/canuckistani

Reply to
Robatoy

+80 F here at 9 p.m., I was thinking of putting the heater on
Reply to
George W Frost

Not for F, only if you were using C making it much colder.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in news:lK- dnahdDL4rwaDQnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

Come on Ed, -4°C is about (32-(~2*4))= 24°F.

-40°F=-40°C More accurately, °F = 5/9 * °C + 32

Reply to
Han

Robatoy wrote in news:07129909-388e-4be7-bc6b- snipped-for-privacy@i13g2000yqe.googlegroups.com:

At those temperatures, we wait for the ice to warm up before putting another layer of water on to resurface. :-)

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

OMG, those poor bananas!

-- "I probably became a libertarian through exposure to tough-minded professors" James Buchanan, Armen Alchian, Milton Friedman "who encouraged me to think with my brain instead of my heart. I learned that you have to evaluate the effects of public policy as opposed to intentions." -- Walter E. Williams

Reply to
Larry Jaques

High today 74 F

Reply to
Rich

Robatoy wrote the following:

All this morning, Weatherbug is saying it is 48 degrees (F) outside where I live. I have WB set to get the reading from the nearby International Airport (SWF) 8 miles away. However, the Weather channel site, and all my outdoor thermometers say it is is 7 (F). Weatherbug's other local thermometer locations all say 6-8 F Closing and reopening Weatherbug and even rebooting the computer has had no effect on the temperature error. Maybe I should call SWF and tell them their building is on fire? :-)

Reply to
willshak

The temperature was -8 F here this morning.

Reply to
Nova

No, only do that when it reads 451F. Perhaps you should call them and tell them to close the window under the sensor.

-- "I probably became a libertarian through exposure to tough-minded professors" James Buchanan, Armen Alchian, Milton Friedman "who encouraged me to think with my brain instead of my heart. I learned that you have to evaluate the effects of public policy as opposed to intentions." -- Walter E. Williams

Reply to
Larry Jaques

It's a smouldering +15F here now... now where did I put that Hawaiian shirt?

Reply to
Robatoy

-12 F in the Cortland NY area. Just about 80 F in my house thanks to the wife

RP

Reply to
RP

Time to rototill the garden then...

RP

Reply to
RP

It's a cold (for us), wet +49F here in Houston.

Judging by the number of folks wRecing mid day to day, it's either too cold or too wet, or both, to be making sawdust.

Although I did spend the morning futzing and fiddlin' with Festool technology while cutting some drawer bottoms to length out in the garage, which is currently set up as a material storage/cutting area.

Don't mind cold, and don't mind wet (unless I'm duck or goose hunting), but the combination gets more unpleasant with each added year.

Reply to
Swingman

Just do up the top button.

P in Winterpeg

cselby

Winterpeg aka Mosquitotown.... gawd you guys grow them big and fat and hungry over there....

Reply to
Robatoy

-------------------------------- Was in Deer Park, TX with the relative humidity pushing 80%-90% and the temps in the high 50s.

Never been so cold in my life.

A close 2nd was in a SafeWay warehouse in South Philly.

Both times had to spend about an hour in a bath tub full of warm/hot water in order to warm up enough to walk down to the bar and rejoin the human race.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Know the feeling .. spent a few winters in the cold and snow in Germany, but have never been so bone chillin' cold as on the Gulf Coast on a damp winter day.

It was like that all day today, and it will hit a rainy +36F tonight ... nasty weather by any definition.

Reply to
Swingman

---------------------------- Forgot to mention, wind was coming in off the gulf at about 10-15 knots.

Nothing serious, but it just made things feel that much worse.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Ya wanna be out in the fog on the Avalon Peninsula with a 40 knot Nor-Easter blowin' at about 33F, bye!!! Then y'all'll know what cold is!!!! Or stand at the corner of Portage and Main in Winterpeg. Or in the wind-tunnel of Queen Street in Toronto when the wind is coming in off Lake Ontario at 30 knots at -22C. The wind speed on the ground between the skyscrapers can reach double the "out in the open" speed. Makes 80% humidity at 50F with a strong shore breze almost balmy in comparison!!!!! (not denying it is far from comfortable though!!)

Reply to
clare