cold

Double that....(hunch)

Reply to
Robatoy

They are saying the heaviest stuff will fall generally in the area south of the 401, tapering off as you get closer to Erie and Huron shores and the Bruce. Here in Kitchener we are just on the edge of that projected area, so who knows what we will get. It's been a strange one so far this year - no bad storms (yet) and we are back up to about the same amount of snow we had before the late december/early January thaw melted it ALL away. Just over a foot of snow on the flat and open ground. But we still have the rest of February, and all of March and April ahead of us!!! Anything is possible (those who can remember 1978/79 in this area will know what I mean!!!)

Reply to
clare

Nova wrote in news:8kmdk6hnunmpi46g3h1tq65b6porgrh2q4 @4ax.com:

They're calling for 6-14" here. That's heavy for this area, but not too much of a problem. The ice is frozen enough to plow the rink if the snow blower can't keep up.

The biggest concern is going to be blowing snow. That's why we've got a Blizzard Warning out (our second of the season, actually.)

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

This looks like a direct hit to us here...that'll straighten out a few bananas. On radar, this one looks nasty.

Reply to
Robatoy

Now waitta cottonpikkin' minute... the weatherman just said that the hot, moist air came from Texas...for real.. he said that... and that it is clashing with some cold shit coming out of Alaska.... . . . . I'm getting the popcorn.

Reply to
Robatoy

Hunker down and stay safe, this is going to be a bad one.

Reply to
FrozenNorth

Got 40 lbs of propane, generator, fridge full of food, electric blankets, scotch, a couple of books I have been meaning to read.

Reply to
Robatoy

------------------------ It finally hit 61F today in SoCal.

Just threw another log on the fire.

Time to get serious about this "Hunker Down" stuff.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

You guys must be taking it in the shorts. My thermometer say +29F at

6:30 PM, in Houston fercrissakes.

I know that's bikini weather for you guys, but dayum!!

Reply to
Swingman

We had a bright, sunny, 55F day today. Just lovely. I finished running the wiring for the HF winch and got it running. For protection, I found a resettable, weatherproof, inline circuit breaker for under the hood.

In the last episode, I had mounted it on a piece of SS welded to a length of 2" receiver tubing so it's removable and/or lockable in place.

Now to build the stump/fencepost puller cradle and I'll be set for the next too-backbreaking job. This is the tripod style puller I like:

the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure. -- J. K. Rowling

Reply to
Larry Jaques

0=B0F... Might be a bit too chilly to wash the car...
Reply to
Robatoy

Happened again ... first time I recall chasing a framing crew off site before they were ready to leave, in Houston of all places.

We were down to +29 and dropping at 3PM yesterday afternoon. Media was forecasting icy roads after a morning of rain, but, as turned out, it dried up fairly quickly when the cold dry air rolled in.

Looks like we got two more night of +20 weather this week. The guys were working in tee shirts and shorts Tuesday.

Reply to
Swingman