CMS or SCMS ?

Iam planning to do some crown molding work in house and also some odd projects (planters for the deck) they need bevel cuts. Should I be ok with a less expensive (not cheap) Compound Miter Saw (CMS) or should I consider buying a more expensive Slide Compound Miter Saw (SCMS). Should I go for the 12" than the 10"? What should be the HP? My budget is $250. What brand should I look for Delta, DeWalt, B&D, P&C ?

TIA

Sam

Reply to
sams

Sam,

I just did some trim work in my basement. I have a Delta 10" CMS. It was one of the first tools I bought a few yeras ago. The biggest problem I ran into was that the saw didn't have the depth and range of cut to make some of the cuts I needed. I had to improvise to get the cuts I needed. Although it was do-able, I much rather would have liked to have a saw that could handle the cut. If your doing crown molding, especially wide molding, make sure the saw can make the cut.

HTH, Jo

Reply to
JLJ21710